Financial Modeling in Excel – Make Business Decisions & Business Plans
Reasons why you should create a financial model in Excel for your startup or small business. A good financial modeling exercise can help you:
- Test your assumptions and verify key drivers of your business and decisions
- Compare and contrast different business choices, like pricing models
- Calculate the amount of capital you need more accurately
- Calculate your burn rates in business
- Model out your user growth
- Model out your revenue and expenses
- Be more prepared talking to potential investors
Financial modeling in excel isn’t just a vanity exercise. When done right, it could help you better understand your business, whether it’s a startup or an existing business you’re growing.
A good financial model is an indicator of how deeply you understand your business model and market. But building a good one requires the right tools and the right approach.
We’re going to show you how to do that with a wide variety of examples and exercises. But we’ll also be teaching general best practices that will help you, no matter what you’ll be building your financial models for in the future.
Why learn from us?
We have over 12 years of professional working experience on financial models which helped top management to make strategic decisions over these years.
We have over 50,000 students on UDEMY taking our more than 10 courses in about 150+ countries.
Our courses has average rating of 4 out of 5
What if I don’t have any finance or Excel background?
No worries! This course isn’t an Excel or Finance course, although you will learn a bit of both. We focus more on the rationale and the logic of modeling specifically for startups or growing businesses, so you can take what you learn to other spreadsheet tools.
But it will take practice. You won’t get better just watching the videos. That’s why have lots of practice exercises and sample models for you to learn from.
What will I be able to do after I take your course?
After taking our course, you will be:
- Able to confidently build financial models for your startup or new business from scratch and validate your assumptions.
- Able to apply the best financial modeling practices and techniques
- Able to read and understand other financial models by looking at lots of practice models and case studies
- Able to leverage financial modeling to help you make smarter decisions about your business.
- Enable you talk to inventors confidently about your business
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Have access to Microsoft Excel 2011 or Newer
- Working knowledge of Excel/spreadsheet core functionality
- Working knowledge of Excel/spreadsheet formulas and cell references
- Working knowledge of basic algebra
Who this course is for:
- Someone who wants to understand how to create a financial model for a startup business
- Someone who wants to leverage financial modeling to make better business decisions
- Someone who wants to better analyze business opportunities
Learn About Instructor
Energetic and ambitious Chartered Accountant and Result-oriented Hospitality professional, offering +10 years of extensive experience in Finance, Audit, Risk management, and Hotel Operations.
I have hands-on experience in Monthly Reporting, Budgeting, forecasts, P&L analysis, and leading projects. I have led ERP implementation for 16 hotels in our Group.
Blessed with a positive attitude and Topline growth approach towards business. Improving productivity and cost efficiencies without compromising quality