Suggestive selling and Upselling skills you need today to grow your career in 2020
Suggestive Selling and upselling Skills as commonly known in the retail industry is selling a specific item or add-on item to what the guest has bought. However, suggestive selling in a restaurant refers to selling an item that guests may need but are unsure of.
Quite a few times, when guests enter the restaurant (new or old), they have some idea in mind what they want to eat. However often guests are open to suggestions and ask for servers’ specialty food or items. Many times guests are not really sure of what to order due to various choices available on the menu.
Suggestive Selling and upselling skills in the restaurant and food and beverage industry is about
1. understanding customer needs.
2. acting as a consultant and helping them in choosing the right products
3. building a rapport and long term and trusted relationship with them.
if done right, this technique can help businesses gain loyal customers and improve sustainability in business.
Suggestive Selling skills is not the same as up-selling skills in the food and beverage industry, later skills usually mean selling more expensive items to a guest who might want to order a particular item while suggestive selling skills helps guests choosing item which they actually need regardless of expensive or not.
Take this short course, taught by leading F&B experts, to understand how you can apply suggestive selling skills in the hospitality industry.
Mr Harish Chandra (main instructor in this course on suggestive selling skills)
• Was trusted by former CEO of Jumeirah Group of Hotels & Resorts to launch and implement 1st class Food and Beverage skills training including suggestive selling skills during the pre-opening phase covering the entire 12 Food and Beverage outlets under the flagship of Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Resorts – Dubai.
• Initiated successful negotiation with service providers and switched from man-power based agreements to performance-based ‘man-days’ type of agreements.
Currently, Harish serves as a Section Head of Food and Beverage, at ADNOC GROUP where I’ve mentored, coached and empowered staff on suggestive selling skills to put their best feet forward and offer prolific services to guests and international clientele.
Other courses Taught by Harish is on How to Enhance guest services – Check out how you can enhance your service standards
The unique feature of this course is the role-play assignment which you have to complete after the course and we will give you individual personalized feedback, which will help you master the skills.